County-level unemployment data for October 2022 has been posted to the NJ Labor and Workforce Development website:
The following is a summary of this information:
- Morris County’s unemployment rate for October 2022 was 2.2%, up from 2.1% in September 2022 and down from 3.9% in October 2021.
- In October 2022, Morris County had the second lowest unemployment rate in New Jersey at 2.2%, behind only Hunterdon County at 2.1%. Cape May County had the highest unemployment rate at 4.4%.
- New Jersey’s unemployment rate for October 2022 was 2.9%, up from 2.8% in September 2022 and down from 5.0% in October 2021.
- Morris County’s total labor force was 269,100 in October 2022, up from 264,800 in September 2022 and 262,600 in October 2021.
- Data is not seasonally adjusted.
This information was provided by our partners at the Morris County Office of Planning & Preservation.
For any questions on this data, please contact Kevin Sitlick, PP/AICP at 973-829-8131.