Are you ready to start your own business? Join our Introduction to Entrepreneurship & Beyond (IEB) business series to find out!
In this 4-part series, we’ll walk you through the process of starting your business and share tools for successfully balancing the challenges associated with your personal, financial, and business journey.
By the end of the series, you’ll have the skills necessary to put together a business plan and be eligible to participate in our Business Plan Pitch Competition.
The 4-part series takes place on June 14, 21, 28, and July 12, 2022. Each session is 2 hours long, with the option of both virtual and in-person attendance at the Morris County Economic Development Corporation, 325 Columbia Turnpike, Suite 101, Florham Park, NJ 07932.
Here’s what each session will cover:
June 14, 2022 – Session 1: The Entrepreneurial Assessment
- Personal Finances and the Business Idea
- Developing a Household Budget
- Personal Financial Statement
- Equity and Collateral
- Personal Credit
June 21, 2022 – Session 2: Market Analysis – Your Organization – Financials
- Identify Your Target Market
- Assessment of your Management Capabilities
- How to Prepare a Startup Cost Analysis
- Understanding the Basics of Financial Statements
- Identify the Key Processes Necessary for Your Business/Management Team
June 28, 2022 – Session 3: Introduction to the Business Plan
- Define Your Company Vision
- Describe Your Business Opportunity
- Describe Your Marketing Plan
- Describe Your Competitive Advantage
July 12, 2022 – Session 4: Key Components of a Management/Operations Plan
- Understand the Pros and Cons of Different Legal Business Structures
- Understand the Importance of Bookkeeping and Record Keeping
- How to Make Different Financial Assumptions for Strategic Planning
- How to Write Up an Executive Summary
- Learn How to Effectively Present a Business Plan to Financial Institutions
- Be Prepared to Participate as a Candidate in the Business Plan
This series is provided through the Morris County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC), Business & Education Together Foundation (BET) and in partnership with the New Jersey Small Business Development Center of Northwest New Jersey (NW-NJSBDC).