Leveraging Design Protections for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Workshop
Join intellectual property experts from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for a free workshop on the protection of industrial designs, specifically designed to address the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This in-person program is being held during the 13th edition of the Detroit Month of Design, an annual festival that connects creatives, introduces them to new markets and consumers, and exposes Detroit’s design aesthetic to worldwide audiences.
Discussion topics will include:
- The importance of intellectual property for designers
- Industrial design patents and how to obtain them
- The benefits of public searches regarding industrial designs
- Modern design protections that meet the needs of SMEs both domestically and internationally
- How intellectual property offices and government agencies can ease filing burdens, promote industrial design protections, and develop outreach programs to better serve SMEs
- Harmonized and efficient design filing practices at intellectual property offices around the world
For more information, visit the registration page or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the USPTO’s Office of Policy and International Affairs.